1. About this Notice regarding Cookies, Pixels and Social Plug-ins
1.1. This is the notice regarding cookies, pixels and social plug-ins (“Cookie Notice”) of Compagnie des Montres Longines, Francillon S.A., Les Longines 8, 2610 Saint-Imier, Switzerland, (“Longines”, “we", “us”, “our”). Longines is the data controller for the purpose of this Cookie Notice.
1.3. We will post any changes we may make to our Cookie Notice on this Website or communicate them to you by email.
1.4. The Cookie Notice currently in place dates of May 15, 2018.
2. What are Cookies, which ones do we use and how can you opt-out?
2.1. A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on the user's computer or mobile device by the user's web browser while the user is browsing. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember stateful information (such as items added in the shopping cart) or to record the user's browsing activity (including clicking particular buttons, logging in, or recording which pages were visited in the past). They can also be used to remember arbitrary pieces of information that the user previously entered into form fields such as names, addresses, passwords, and credit card numbers.
2.3. Browsers may accept or reject cookies automatically but allow you to change these settings. The help menu on most browsers will tell you how to change your browser setting as to cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies all together. You can also disable or delete cookies you have previously accepted if you wish to. To find out how to manage cookies on the following browsers, follow the provided link:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Apple Safari
- Mozilla Firefox
2.4. We may further give you the opportunity to manage the use of certain cookie categories on this Website directly by making the respective choices, by providing:
- a cookie banner upon your first visit that allows the management of certain cookie categories;
- a link to a third party site dedicated to the management of the cookies used on this Website that allows the management of certain cookie categories;
- a sub-page dedicated to the management of the cookies used on this Website that allows the management of certain cookie categories; or
- interactive options, for example buttons, integrated into this Cookie Notice, that allow the management of certain cookie categories.
2.6. To further identify, manage and track activated cookies on this Website, you may install a cookie tracker, for example the Ghostery add-on.
2.7. On this Website, we may use the following cookies, cookie categories and other technologies, but no spyware, for the indicated purposes and, if applicable, deployed by or with the assistance of the indicated partners:
These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Website and for you to be able to complete services you ask for. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Website.
These cookies record information about choices you make on the Website, such as your user name, language or the region you are in. In this way, we are able to personalize your visit to the Website.
These cookies allow us to collect information about how visitors use the Website, for example to count visitors and to see how visitors move around the Website. They record your visit to the Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. These cookies do not collect information that identifies you. All information is anonymous. This helps us to improve the way the Website works.
- _ga: this cookie contains a unique value to distinguish between website visitors and has a lifespan of 2 years;
- _gid: this cookie contains a unique value to distinguish between website visitors and has a lifespan of 24 hours;
- _gat: this cookie is used to throttle requests to the server and has a lifespan of 10 minutes
- For visitors accessing our Website from the People’s Republic of China (PRC), we may use the Site Monitor service provided by Miaozhen Ltd., Beijing, PRC, (“Miaozhen”) instead of Google Analytics, for the same purposes and within the same limitations, but with servers in the PRC. For opting-out the use of Site Monitor on your browser, please visit Miaozhen’s opt-out management site.
These cookies allow you to share Website content with social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). We have no control over these cookies as they are set by the social media platforms themselves. Please have a look at section 3 below on pixels and social plug-ins to learn more about how social media cookies are used in association with social plug-ins.
These cookies allow us to deliver tailor-made advertisements to you on third party websites based on your interests in our products and services manifested during your visit on our Website. These cookies do not collect data that identifies you. All data is anonymous.
- We may engage on our Website in interest based advertising, including retargeting or remarketing technology provided by third parties (“Third Party Providers”), such as:
- - Criteo SA, Paris, France
- - DoubleClick, a division of Google Ireland Limited, Dublin, Ireland
- - Google Analytics Advertising Features, a service of Google Inc., Mountain View, USA
- - Facebook Ireland Limited, Dublin, Ireland
- - Instagram LLC, Menlo Park, USA
- - Adform A/S, Copenhagen, Denmark
- - Linkedin Corporation, 599 N Mathilda Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, USA
- - Twitter International Company, One Cumberland Place, Fenian Street Dublin 2, D02 AX07 Ireland.
to analyze your navigation on our Website. Based on that, we are able to approach you with personalized advertisements. For this purpose, cookies are stored on your computer. During your visit on our Website, neither the Third Party Providers nor we collect any personalized data, only anonymized data. The engagement of such technology is in full compliance with the relevant data protection legislations. Thanks to such data we can, for example, approach you with advertisement on third party websites, which is personalized according to your interests in our products, e.g. after you have visited our Website and showed interest in a particular series of products, this technology may later show you more information in form of advertisements while surfing on another website. The goal of engaging this technology is to best adapt the available information to your interests and to make your online experience as informative as possible. You can, however, adjust your browser settings to not store such cookies and to delete already stored cookies. Please find in the following the opt-out functions of the Third Party Providers by following the provided links:
- - Criteo
- - DoubleClick
- - Google Analytics Advertising Features
- - Adform
Anonymous data created by using Google Analytics Advertising Features may be used for demographics and interest reporting as well as network impression reporting.
3. What are pixels and social plug-ins, which ones do we use and how can you opt-out?
We also use other technologies on our Website which allow us and Third Party Providers to offer you a more personalized and engaged web experience, e.g. by offering you advertisements on your social media channels that are more relevant to you or by allowing you to share your experiences on our Website via social media. We therefore use the following technologies:
- - Facebook pixels. Facebook pixels are small pieces of software and are nearly invisible pixel-sized “dots” on our Website which create a link between your visit to our Website and Facebook. When the pixel loads, Facebook places a so-called “fr”-cookie on your computer, which helps Facebook to provide you with more personalized advertisements, but also to measure and improve advertisements. This cookie has a lifespan of 90 days. More information on Facebook cookies can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/. Please note that when the “fr”-cookie is placed, Facebook is able to follow your surfing behavior across other websites which have implemented a Facebook pixel or Facebook social plug-in.
- - Pixels. A Pixel is a snippet of HTML code that loads each time you visit our site while logged into the dedicated application. This allows us to better understand how you interact with our site and to optimize our advertising campaigns. More information on used Pixel can be found here:
- - Social plugins. Social plug-ins are small pieces of software which create a link between your visit to our Website and the social media platform of a Third Party Provider. The social plug-in will let the Third Party Provider know that you have visited our Website and may let the Third Party Provider receive cookies he has placed on your computer beforehand. We use social plug-ins of the following Third Party Providers:
Please click on the URL’s next to each of these Third Party Providers to learn more about their plug-ins. Note that we have no control over how these social plug-ins work, the data that they collect or what the Third Party Provider does with this information. For more information on how these Third Party Providers use your personal data collected via their social plug-ins, you are kindly referred to their respective privacy policies.
4. On which basis do we process the collected data?
For processing your personal data under the conditions outlined in this Cookie Notice, but with the exception of strictly necessary cookies and functional cookies, we ask for your consent.
5. For how long do we process the collected data?
Your personal data are only processed for as long as needed to achieve the purposes which are described above or up until such time where you withdraw your consent for processing them, unless we or any other third party have an overriding interest in keeping your personal data identifiable or when there is a legal or regulatory obligation or a judicial or administrative order that prevents us from de-identifying.
6. Who has access to the collected data?
6.1. You understand that our use of analytical as well as social media cookies may imply that the Third Party Providers of those cookies may obtain certain information about you, including about your surfing behavior. We refer to the information provided by these Third Party Providers for more details on how these Third Party Providers use your personal data.
6.2. We rely on third party service providers such as web hosting companies to process your personal data on our behalf and to provide you the Website.
7. To whom do we disclose and transfer the collected data?
8. What are your rights?
8.1. You have the right:
- - to request from us access to and rectification or deletion of your personal data processed by us;
- - to request us to restrict the processing of your personal data processed by us, in particular to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes; and
- - to request from us to provide you or any person or entity you appointed with a digital file of your personal data processed by us (data portability).
8.2. You may withdraw your consent that allows us to process your personal data for the indicated purposes at any time.
8.3. To exercise the above rights, you may contact us as indicated below.
8.4. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority in your jurisdiction.
9. How can you contact us?
For any questions you may have or to exercise your rights, you may contact us as follows:
- Postal address: Compagnie des Montres Longines, Francillon S.A., Les Longines 8, 2610 Saint-Imier, Switzerland
- Telephone number: +41(0) 32 942 54 25
- Email-address: email@example.com
- For the names and contact details of our representatives or DPO respectively within the European Union, please see our EU Representatives List.