Super water-resistant Longines Ultra-Chron Diver (1968)8221
Serviced and revised by Longines Heritage workshop
The long and rich history of Longines is written into each of the brand’s design. Each piece produced over the years is part of the Swiss watchmaker identity, a historical legacy that Longines has always strived to preserve and highlight.
That is why the brand now offers a range of exceptional vintage watches that have been carefully serviced and revised by its specialised heritage workshop. These unique models are exclusively on sale in the Longines Geneva Boutique (Switzerland) and available in click & reserve.
Information & Conditions
- Type of watch
- Longines Ultra-Chron Diver super water-resistant wristwatch with high frequency movement and rotating inner bezel.
- Serial No
- Very good overall condition, original dial
Longines cannot guarantee that its vintage models will be permanently water-resistant.
Maintained and checked by the Longines Heritage Workshop
- Date of production
- Date of sale
- March 16, 1970, at Hattori, who was our agent in Japan at the time.
- Certificate of authenticity by Longines
- 43.00 x 41.00 mm
- Case message
- Cushion-shaped case in stainless steel. Mineral glass.
- Stainless steel
Dial & Hands
- Matte black brass dial with luminous square hour markers, white minute track. Applied winged hourglass logo and white Longines signature. Inner bezel with orange rim, graduated each 5 minutes over one hour.
- Luminous steel plunger hands
- Dial color
- Black matt
Movement & Functions
- Movement Type
- Hour, minute and second display, date window positioned at 3 o'clock, rotating inner bezel
- Longines mechanical self-winding movement, caliber 431. This 25.60 mm caliber includes 25 jewels. The balance spring oscillates at 36,000 vibrations per hour.
- Leather strap
- 22mm width
What makes this timepiece exceptional
With its cushion-shaped case and fluid lines, this chronograph has been designed for divers and timekeepers. Its oversized case allows you to easily read the graduated bezel as well as the large tenths of a second and minute counter. Covered with solid mineral glass, the case can withstand a pressure of 20 bars, allowing the diver to descend to a depth of 200 meters. This chronograph bracelet patented by Longines is also equipped with a second hand with a graduated "Vernier" scale at its tip, for quick and precise reading to the nearest tenth of a second. The chronograph movement manufactured by Longines also includes a flyback mechanism.
Restoration by Longines is made up of more than ten meticulous steps calling on all the qualities of our experts. From diagnosis to testing, discover more about Longines workshop services.