Longines Rectangular-Shaped Art-Deco Watch (1936)3648
Information & Conditions
- Type Of Watch
- Rectangular Art-Deco stainless steel wristwatch.
- Serial Number
- Overall excellent, attractive condition, original dial
Serviced and revised by Longines Heritage workshop.
- Date Of Product
- Date Of Sale
- 18 February 1937 to the company Bessire, Belgium
- Certificate of authenticity by Longines
- 19.50 x 29.00 mm
- Case message
- Stainless steel, hesalite glass
- Stainless steel
Dial & Hands
- White two-tone dial with Arabic numerals at 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 o’clock and minutes track. Subsidiary seconds at 6 o’clock.
- Hands Description
- Hour and minute hands in the form of a leaf. Second hand at 6 o’clock
- Dial color
Movement & Functions
- Movement Type
- Indication of hours, minutes and seconds
- Movement Description
- Longines mechanical manually wound movement, caliber 25.17. This 26.00 x 17.80 mm rectangular caliber features 17 jewels and is beating at a frequency of 18’000 vibrations per hour
- Leather strap
- 15mm width
What makes this timepiece exceptional
As early as in the beginning of the 1910s Longines started to manufacture wristwatches with cases in a rectangular shape. Not only the cases were of a distnict rectangular design, but the in-house built movements as well. Rectangular watches were especially fashionable in the 1920s and 1930s, when they filled whole pages in catalogues. The current Longines DolceVita collection is rooted in this heritage, illustrated here by a piece with its external railway minute circle.
One of the important historic models that was inspiring the contemporary Dolce-Vital-Collection of Longines. Timeless and elegant dial with a perfect balance of the geometric shapes. The shape of the rectangular case is echoed by the shape of the form movement, manufactured by Longines.
Restoration by Longines is made up of more than ten meticulous steps calling on all the qualities of our experts. From diagnosis to testing, discover more about Longines workshop services.