watch Watchmaking Tradition
watch Longines events & sports
LONGINES EVENTS & SPORTS
LONGINES is delighted that you should have chosen a model from our prestigious collection. The little technical marvel you now own will serve you faithfully for many years. The most advanced techniques were used during its manufacture, and it underwent stringent controls before it was released for sale.
Your LONGINES® watch is warranted by Longines Watch Co. Francillon Ltd* for a period of twenty-four (24) months from the date of purchase under the terms and conditions of this warranty.
The international LONGINES warranty covers material and manufacturing defects existing at the time of delivery of the purchased LONGINES watch (“defects”). The warranty only comes into force if the warranty certificate is dated, fully and correctly completed and stamped by an official LONGINES dealer (“valid warranty certificate”).
During the warranty period and by presenting the valid warranty certificate, you will have the right to have any defect repaired free of charge. In the event that repairs are improper to restore the normal conditions of use of your LONGINES watch, Longines Watch Co. Francillon Ltd guarantees its replacement by a LONGINES watch of identical or similar characteristics. The warranty for the replacement watch ends twenty-four (24) months after the date of purchase of the replaced watch.
The warranty is only valid if the warranty certiﬁcate enclosed with your Longines® watch upon
purchase is dated, fully and correctly completed and stamped by an official Longines® retailer.
Longines Watch Co. Francillon Ltd, will not accept under warranty any watch which do not match these conditions.
PS: Please read carefully our international guarantee in our instruction for use manual.
1 Stamp/sticker from the retailer, handwriten purchase date, model n° and case/serial number.
2 Stamp/sticker from the retailer, handwriten purchase date, sticker of model n° and case/serial number.
3 Stamp/sticker from the retailer, handwriten purchase date, preprinted model n° and case/serial number.
- independent of any warranty that may be provided by the seller, for which he carries sole responsibility;
- does not affect the purchaser’s rights against the seller nor any other mandatory statutory rights the purchaser may have against the seller.
The Longines Watch Co. Francillon Ltd’s customer service ensures the perfect maintenance of your LONGINES watch. If your watch needs attention, rely on an official LONGINES dealer or an authorised LONGINES Service Center as set forth in the enclosed list: they can guarantee service according to Longines Watch Co. Francillon Ltd’s standards.
- the life of the battery
- normal wear and tear and aging (e.g. scratched crystal; alteration of the colour and/or material of non metallic straps and chains, such as leather, textile, rubber; peeling of the plating);
- any damage on any part of the watch resulting from abnormal/abusive use, lack of care, negligence, accidents (knocks, dents, crushing, broken crystal, etc.), incorrect use of the watch and non-observance of the use directions provided by Longines Watch Co. Francillon Ltd;
- indirect or consequential damages of any kind resulting from e.g. the use, the non-functioning, the defects or the inaccuracy of the LONGINES watch;
- the LONGINES watch handled by non-authorised persons (e.g. for battery replacement, services or repairs) or which has been altered in its original condition beyond Longines Watch Co. Francillon Ltd’s control.
Any further claim against Longines Watch Co. Francillon Ltd e.g. for damages additional to the above described warranty is expressly excluded, except mandatory statutory rights the purchaser may have against the manufacturer.